11 March 2013

Welcome to Other Times!

This will be a place for me to explore alternate timelines. Other Times.

For many years now I have been a fan of alternate history. I'm not sure when this fascination began, but it was many years ago around the time when I first read the Time Travel sourcebook for the GUPRS role-playing game. One of the main sections in that book described a setting that didn't involved time travel but travel to separate alternate Earths.

In college, and beyond, I studied history. My love of history grew over the years. Along the way I started to read more and more 'counter-factual' stories. Then I ran a three-year long GURPS alternate worlds campaign. Each session I had to create a new and interesting alternate Earth for the players to explore.

There are several purposes for this blog:
First will be the review of alternate history books I've read.
Second will be the posting of my own alternate history creations, be it short fiction, maps, or counter-factual news articles.
Third will be to share links to the many other alternate history websites that exist.

Magic, psychic powers, and certain impossible technologies will be avoided here for the most part. I want to focus on the results of changed historical events or alternate decisions by historical figures. Beyond that I'm not sure how things will develop. I plan to let things evolve on their own for now. I'm sure interesting or popular alternate history ideas will be further explored. Using labels and pages I can organize these different series.

I hope that as this blog develops you will find things that are entertaining, thought provoking, and worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new blog. If you are looking to get the world out I admin the Alternate History FB page. Shoot me an email at ahwupdate at gmail dot com and I could make you a content producer for the page so you can directly promote your blog to our 600+ fans.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...